MOUNT VERNON - The May special election is coming up May 2 but early voting is available now for those who will be unable to vote election day or just want to vote early. There are three easy ways to cast your ballot.
1. In person at the Board of Elections office
2. Receive a ballot by mail by calling the BOE office at 740-393-6716
3. Vote at the polls on election day.
Hours for early/absentee voting:
Through April 21
• 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on each weekday (Monday through Friday)
April 24-April 30
• 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on each weekday (Monday through Friday)
• 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on the Saturday before Election Day
• 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the Sunday before Election Day
Week of Election Day May 1
• 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the Monday before Election Day
Here is the ballot list for Knox County May 2:
Central Ohio Joint Fire District replacement levy, 5.5 mills for 3 years
Eastern Knox County Joint Fire District renewal levy, 5 mills for 4 years.
Morris Township replacement fire levy 4 mills for 3 years
Mount Vernon City School District levy renewing two existing levies 6.4 mills for 5 years
North Fork Local School District 1% renewal income tax for 3 years (overlap with Licking County)
Northridge Local School District .75% income tax for 30 years for permanent improvements and $14.6 million bond issue for 2.9 mills toward a new elementary school and improvements to existing buildings (overlap with Licking County)