By Marty Trese, KnoxPages.com Editor
MOUNT VERNON - Tonight marks the final City Council meeting of 2015. Prior to the legislative session, members will be sworn to their new terms in office, including former council president John Booth who will now serve as an at-large member. Booth replaces long-time council member and former Republican mayoral candidate Mike Hillier.
The new council for 2016-17:
- 1st Ward: Sam Barone
- 2nd Ward: John Francis
- 3rd Ward: Nancy Vail
- 4th Ward: John Fair
- At large: Booth, Susan Kahrl, Janis Seavolt
Tonight's meeting agenda includes:
- Discussion of a conservation easement to the Owl Creek Conservancy for oversight of the Blackjack Road Wetlands.
- Appointment of Nathan Paff to the Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Paving the gravel parking lot at 400 South Main Street (behind Buckeye Candy building)
- Compensation for city supervisory personnel and police & fire supervisory personnel
To read the entire agenda click here.
For more local news click here.