GAMBIER - The Brown Family Environmental Center presents the 10th Annual Earth Day Festival, Healthy People, Healthy World this Sunday, Sunday, April 17 from 10am – 2pm. The event is free and it will be held at the Kenyon Athletic Center, 221 Duff Street, Gambier. KnoxPages.com is a media sponsor for the day. Here are the highlights of the event:
* Learn how to tune up that rusty bike with bike maintenance 101 workshops by K-Bikes at 11am, noon, & 1pm
* Every attendee gets a ticket for a chance to WIN A BIKE from Y-Not Cycling
* Bike It to the event from the CA&C Depot in Mount Vernon and receive a special gift!
* Ride It on a KAT Shuttle from Mount Vernon locations for $1 each way.
* Check if all the fun has lowered your blood pressure with free health screenings
* See how the United Way is using exercise balls to crunch out obesity
See farm animals at Earth Day - these chickens were at the 2015 festival - KP file photo
* Purchase upcycled products like clothing, jewelry, rugs, art and more
* EAT LOCAL by visiting farm marketers and local food concessions provided by AVI
* Pet a baby bunny and other farm animals with Down on the Farm 4H Club.
* Kick off spring gardening with garden plants and connecting with community gardening
* Learn about great places to get outside in Knox County
* Donate unwanted items and find a new one at the FREE STORE by Kenyon’s ECO Club
* Earth Day Challenge ½ Marathon & 4-Miler at 8am - http://www.racepenguin.com/event/earthdaychallenge/
Information at kenyon.edu/earthday
- Brown Family Environmental Center at Kenyon College
- Knox County Health Department
- Knox County Park District
- Knox County Recycling & Litter Prevention
- OSU Extension – Knox County
- Kenyon College Bookstore
- Knox Area Transit
- Knox Community Hospital
- Mount Vernon News
- Super Q93.7
- WNZR 90.9FM
- Y-Not Cycling & Fitness
- and many others, see complete list at kenyon.edu/earthday
Directions: The Earth Day Festival is held at the Kenyon Athletic Center, at 221 Duff Street, Gambier. From downtown Mount Vernon: follow S.R. 229 (Gambier Street) approximately four miles east. Pass the main entrance (on Route 308/Wiggin Street) to Kenyon College on your left. Take the next left onto Duff Street. The Kenyon Athletic Center and event parking will be ahead on your right.